I’m finally back to work as of yesterday and I’m working at a breakneck pace. It is intense. It feels good to be getting things done, but wow it’s exhausting. Of course the end of my first day back was filled with people complaining, people turning things in late, and the phone ringing off the hook. Then I rushed home to change, let the dogs out, and race out to my guitar lesson where I am currently attempting to learn “Lifeboats” by Snow Patrol. It is a pretty simple song so I think – with practice dammit – even I can learn it.

As soon as I walked into the music studio I texted Mike about possibly getting a drink after and he was up for it. So we rounded out our evening last night by swinging by Bushwacker and getting a little tipsy on hard cider. It didn’t make for a restful night’s sleep.

The cacophony of two dogs snoring (Serena is home! Yay!), coupled with Mike having a restless night filled with bad dreams, and yours truly was up most of the night. It of course made me wake up late this morning so I was rushing around trying to get out the door. I hit a lot of traffic and went around the world a bit to try to avoid it. When I finally got into work, before I had even put my stuff down, I was dealing with a disgruntled faculty member. Then I opened my bag to discover my yogurt had exploded all over the place. Then my allergies flared up and I didn’t grab any allergy medicine on my way out the door.

But you know what? It is a really pretty day here in Oregon; 70 and cool and sunny. I’m wearing my cute new loafers which is fun. In a burst of optimism I dug through my purse and found a lone, linty, allergy pill in there which will get me through the day. And I remembered to bring some tomatoes from our garden in to give a coworker; it made her day and she gave me a big hug. So I’m turning it around! It’s Friday, and beautiful. We have plans to get together tonight with a friend we haven’t seen in a while and I plan to roast a chicken, which I bought yesterday so no need to stop at the market on the way home.  And – drum roll please – my new couch it being delivered this Sunday! So excited.


One comment on “Bushwhacked

  1. Rereading that It looks like I’m being sarcastic about Serena being home. But I am very sincerely happy to have her home. Snores, belching, and the like aside she is damned cute and we love her dearly. I know she enjoys her sleepovers, but we miss her when she is not home!

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s